Dinner tonight is super fresh and super simple! There’s a little bit of chopping, and we cheated by buying our gnocchi instead of making it today. Oops! No time for that today! This was quite the refreshing dish. I love all the green in it! Give it a try!
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 700g fresh potato gnocchi
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 4 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 large leek, diced and rinsed to remove dirt
- 1 small bunch of asparagus, tough ends broken off, cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 4 large green onions, whites and greens separated, and sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, sliced (not minced. we want nice big but thin pieces.)
- 1c Peas
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- 1/2c parmigiano reggiano + more for serving
- few leaves of basil, torn
- 1/2c parsley, rough chopped
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 2 tbsp EVOO and 2 tbsp butter. Let the butter melt and the oil get nice and hot. Add your gnocchi in and brown on both sides.
- Once your gnocchi is browned, add in your leeks, asparagus, whites of the green onions and garlic. Cook until the leeks and asparagus start to get tender. (a few minutes.)
- Add in your fresh peas, remaining 2 tbsp butter, greens of the green onions, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add your lemon zest and your lemon juice, 1/2c parmigianno reggiano, parsley and basil. Remove from heat and serve immediately. Sprinkle with more cheese!