The title of this post says it all: beets, goat cheese and chives. Well, I added a couple more things, but you get the jist of it!
Ingredients: (serves 3-4)
- 3 large beets, ends trimmed
- salt and pepper
- EVOO 2 fat drizzles, separated
- 1 large lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/2c crumbled fresh goat cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3c chives, minced (add much more if desired, they are delicious.)
- Preheat your oven to 375F
- Drizzle your beets with EVOO, and season with salt and pepper. Wrap them in tin foil, place them on a baking sheet and put them in the oven for about 60 minutes, or until they are nice and fork tender.
- Let your beets cool down. Once they are cooled, peel their skin off.
- Dice up your beets and put them in a bowl. Add your lemon zest, lemon juice, chives, a fat drizzle of EVOO (a little less than a TBSP.) season with salt and pepper, and add in your crumbled goat cheese. Toss your salad together, and serve.