For the love of BACON. Lazy nights equal lazy suppers. Although this dish only takes moments to prepare, it definately does NOT lack in flavour! Pasta, garlic, leeks, fresh peas, bacon and cheese. Need I say more?
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 3c dried penne pasta
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 leek, quartered and sliced and rinsed
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1.5c fresh peas
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- parmigianno reggiano
- parsley, rough chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, salt the water. Add your penne, and cook until el dente.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add your bacon. Cook bacon to your liking, drain as much fat as you can.
- Once the bacon is almost done cooking, add in your leeks, peas and garlic. Cook until leeks are softened and peas are bright green. (Only a few minutes)
- In a measuring cup, gather 1 cup of starchy pasta water and add the 2 egg yolks to the water. Beat the eggs and water together and then pour over your bacon mixture.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the large skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley, toss everything together and serve!