My mother in law has got me hooked on these “micro greens” and I want to put them in everything! I’ll be posting a micro green slaw for taco’s in a couple days, that is sure to be delicious!
If you need an easy healthy dinner idea- this is for you. I made this with a skirt steak, but I highly recommend using a marinated flank steak. The skirt steak is too chewy for me!
- 1 LB skirt steak or flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp each of cumin, coriander, garlic powder, smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4c red wine
- 1/2 of a large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1″ pieces
- 1c peas
- 1 heaping cup of heirloom grape tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced, or diced
- 1 head of butter lettuce or arugula
- a handful of cilantro and onion micro greens (however you much you prefer.)
For the chimichurri sauce:
- 3/4c good quality EVOO
- 3 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 1 large shallot, rough chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, rough chopped
- 1c mint, stems removed
- 2c parsley, stems removed
- 2c cilantro, stems removed
- 1 jalapeno, rough chopped (remove seeds and ribs for less heat)
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a blender or food processor, add in all chimichurri sauce ingredients and blend until chunky-smooth.
- Add 1 tbsp EVOO to a medium sized pan on medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add your sliced steak. Season with salt, cumin, coriander, garlic and smoked paprika. Once halfway cooked, add in your onions and saute until the steak is finished cooking. Add in your wine, and let it reduce.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil. once boiling, add your asparagus and peas. Turn the heat to low, and cook for 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, tear up your lettuce leaves. Top with the beef and onion mixture, asparagus, peas, tomatoes, avocado and micro greens.
- Add in some chimichurri sauce, and toss it all together. Serve immediately and enjoy!