I love lazy supper days. I ate this right off this plate. By myself. Because I was alone with my two little babe’s who don’t want to eat harissa sauce. So they get to eat plain old sesame chicken!!!! Anyways, without marinading the chicken, this recipe takes next to no time and very VERY little prep.
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed in to 1/2″ pieces
- 1C Buttermilk
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3c tahini
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 TBSP Sesame oil
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- fresh ground sea salt and cracked pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp minced onion flakes
- 3/4c Harissa sauce from a can
- 3 TBSP honey
- 1/2 tsp onion flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- In a medium sized bowl, add your chicken, buttermilk, garlic cloves, tahini, lemon, salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Marinate 1 hour up to 24 hours.
- Discard marinade. In a bowl, add your chicken, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion flakes. Toss to coat.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add your sesame oil. Once hot, add your chicken and start to cook.
- In a separate sauce pan, add your harissa sauce ingredients over medium heat. Don’t have your heat too high, you don’t want the honey to burn. mix ingredients together. bring to a small boil, then reduce to simmer until your chicken is done cooking.
- Once your chicken is done cooking, remove from heat. serve with cucumber tomato salad, or in taco’s and top with your sweet and spicy harissa sauce.