I said yesterday in my last post that I would be posting a micro green slaw recipe soon – that day is today! I decided to do a vegan dinner tonight, and what better protein replacement is there than chickpeas? Throw in some cauliflower and you’ve got a hearty taco filling! This isn’t a 30 minute dinner by any chance, especially when you have two tiny children under the age of 2.. but it is so worth it. This can be taco’s as shown, or make some rice noodles and have as a stir fry or even just eat it as a salad. I’m not the boss of you, do whatever you want with it! It is delicious either way!!
for the filling:
- 2c chickpeas
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into small florets
- 1 tsp each of garlic powder and coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp evoo
- 12 corn tortillas
For the slaw:
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of green onions (greens only) thinly sliced
- 3 medium carrots, grated or mathsticked
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 small handful each of these micro greens: cilantro, cabbage, onion and basil. (you can easily substitute regular herbs and cabbage for this. I am only using what I have on hand.)
- salt and pepper to taste (about 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper.)
- 1/2c rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil (regular sesame oil is okay too.)
- handful of raw cashews or peanuts (throw them in when youre ready to eat.)
For the peanut sauce:
- 1/2c natural peanut butter (nuts to you is my favourite.)
- 5 tbsp coconut cream (do not shake your can of coconut milk. simply open, and scoop the cream off top.)
- 5 tbsp coconut water (now you can stir your can and mix it together.)
- 1 1/2 limes juiced
- 1″ knob of ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sriracha, plus more to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, add your cauliflower, chickpeas, evoo, salt, pepper, garlic and coriander. toss together. Place on a baking tray. bake for 26-30 minutes.
- in a medium sized bowl, add all slaw ingredients except for the nuts. let it sit for at least 10 minutes. mix frequently.
- In a small bowl, mix together all peanut sauce ingredients
- add peanuts to your slaw mixture.
- Once your chickpeas and cauliflower are cooked, it is time to assemble your taco’s. heat your taco shells on your stove (or microwave or oven) add your cauliflower mixture, then your slaw, and then smother with your peanut sauce. and enjoy!