The perfect side dish for almost anything is RICE in my opinion!! My 14 month old son would also strongly agree… It’s simply one of our favourite things to eat!
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 1 1/4c dry jasmine rice
- 2 1/2c water
- 6 strips of bacon, diced
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 4 TBSP butter
- small handful of chives, chopped
- Cook your rice according to package directions.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add in your 6 slices of bacon. Cook until almost crisp (or however you like to eat your bacon.) Drain ALL of the bacon fat that you can out of the pan. Add in your onion, and cook until soft (a couple minutes.) Add in your garlic and your mangoes, cook while stirring for a minute or two.
- Once all your veg and fruit are done cooking, add 4 tbsp butter to your pan and then add in your cooked rice. Toss everything together and then let the rice sit for a couple minutes to crisp up a bit. Stir, and continue crisping up your rice.
- Add in your chives and toss everything together again. Serve along side some nice juicy tender Chipotle Mango BBQ’D Pork Tenderloin and carrots!