My favourite dinners are the ones that are easy to make, but also fresh, healthy, and light. It’s officially grilling season, so I don’t need to dirty any pans in the kitchen for this bad boy! Lime and cilantro marinated chicken breast, topped with a fresh herb sauce – it doesn’t get much better than this!
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 2 small limes, zested and juiced
- 1/4c EVOO
- 1C loosely packed cilantro, rough chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 TSP dried lemon grass, or 1″ fresh lemon grass
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 of a shallot, about 1.5-2 tbsp rough chopped
- 1 lime juiced and zested
- 1/2 of a large bunch of cilantro, rough chopped (some stems okay!)
- 1 fat TBSP honey
- 1 TBSP China lily soy sauce
- dash of fresh ground salt and pepper, to taste
- In a ziplock freezer bag or small bowl, add your chicken breasts, lime juice and zest, salt, pepper, cilantro and EVOO. Let your chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes up to 1 hour.
- Preheat your outdoor grill to medium heat.
- Remove chicken from the marinade, and pat it completely dry with paper towel. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place your chicken on the grill. cook on one side for about 7 minutes. The chicken will not stick to the grill once it is ready to flip. Once it is ready to flip, flip it over and continue cooking until your internal temp reaches 165F.
- While your chicken is cooking, get your sauce ingredients ready.
- In a small blender or food processor add all sauce ingredients and blend until you get a chunky or smooth consistency. Whether it is a little chunky or smooth is up to you.
- Remove your chicken from the grill and smother it with the sauce. Enjoy!!!