If you’re all for a different kind of barbecue sauce, I suggest this one! It is a bit spicy, so if you don’t normally eat a lot of spicy foods your head might sweat! This BBQ sauce is made with mustard and a delicious combination of spices. Try it out!
Ingredients: (serves 2)
For the pork-
- 1 Lb pork tenderloin
- 1/2 TSP each of dried: Rosemary, garlic powder, thyme and onion powder
- 1/4 TSP chili flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 TBSP EVOO
For the sauce- (This makes about 2 cups so there will be left overs.)
- 1/3C Ketchup
- 1/2C Mustard
- 3 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 2 TBSP worchesterchire sauce
- 3 TBSP Franks red hot sauce
- 3 TBSP honey
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 1/2 TSP each of dried: onion powder, garlic powder and smoked paprika
- Fresh ground salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F. In a small bowl, mix together your spice rub ingredients – rosemary, garlic powder, thyme, onion powder, chili flakes, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Rub the spice mixture all over your pork tenderloin.
- In a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, add your EVOO. Once the oil is nice and hot, add your tenderloin to the skillet. Brown it on all sides to get a nice crust.
- Once the tenderloin is browned, move it right to the 425 degree oven for 10-15 minutes, or until its internal temperature reads 145F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk all of your sauce ingredients together. Set aside.
- Once the pork is done cooking, remove it from the oven and place it on a cutting board. Let it rest 5 to 10 minutes. Once the tenderloin is rested, slice it into medallions and serve with the mustard BBQ sauce.
- Serve this with mashed potatoes and a broccoli cole slaw! Yummy!