Ingredients: (Serves 4-6)
- 1 1/4c Orzo
- 2 1/2c chicken stock (or water)
- 1 TBSP EVOO
- salt and pepper
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2c peas
- 3/4c freshly grated pecorino Romano cheese (or any other hard parm like cheese)
- In a medium pot over medium heat, add EVOO. Let the oil heat up and then add your dried orzo to the pot. Stir every minute or so until your orzo is nice and browned and fragrant. Now add in your chicken stock or water. Let your pot come to a boil, and then reduce your heat to medium-low and cover the pot with a tight fitting lid. Let cook until nice and fluffy. When there is a few minutes left of cooking, add in your peas.
- Once your orzo and peas are done cooking, turn your heat down to low. Remove the lid and add in your lemon zest, lemon juice, pecorino romano cheese, and season with salt and pepper. Mix it all up and serve!
- It doesn’t hurt to grate a little extra cheese on top!!