This is a recipe that has been on my blog for about a year now, and it needed some serious TLC. It was good before, but this is a much better version of it. Juicy BBQ’D chicken with a white wine dijon sauce. Make this alcohol free by using low sodium chicken stock in place of wine. Did I mention that this is a super quick cooking meal? It is!
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 2 6-8oz chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2″ thick
- fresh ground sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp parsley, rough chopped (optional.)
For the sauce:
- 1 TBSP EVOO
- 1/2 white or yellow onion, small dice
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1c of your favourite white wine
- 1 heaping TBSP dijon mustard
- 1 heaping TBSP grainy dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tbsp corn starch dissolved in 2 tbsp cold water
- Preheat your oven or outdoor grill. (oven to 425.)
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add 1 tbsp EVOO. Once the oil is hot, add your onions and brown them. Once your onions are browned, add your garlic, salt and pepper.
- Once your garlic is fragrant (1-2 min) deglaze your skillet with your white wine, stirring the mixture. Let the liquid reduce a little.
- Add in your dijon mustards (both kinds! if you only have one, then thats fine. add 2 tbsp of one kind.) and add in your butter. Once mixed, add in your cornstarch dissolved in water, and turn your heat down to low.
- Season your chicken breasts on both sides with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place on your BBQ on a medium heat. Because the chicken is pounded nice and thin, it will take literally only minutes to cook. Cook for a few minutes on one side, and then flip and cook for another 5 minutes or so. I suggest using a meat thermometer and checking the internal temp of the chicken (165.)
- if you’re using the oven – season your chicken on both sides with salt, pepper and garlic powder. in a skillet on just over medium heat, add EVOO. Once your oil is hot, add your chicken. Brown it on both sides. Throw it into the 425 oven for 10-15 minutes.
- remove chicken from the grill and top with your dijon sauce. Sprinkle some fresh parsley over it if you like!