One of the best things in the whole world besides everybody’s love for bacon, is pasta! And what better way to eat pasta than to eat it freshly made? There is something so mouth watering about a home made pasta, it is simple, delicious and SUPER fast cooking. If you don’t feel like making pasta, most grocery stores sell fresh pasta in the refrigerated section, or you can even just use boxed stuff. Whatever makes you happy. This recipe is also a good way to use up corn from the garden in the summer!
- 1 pack of bacon, diced
- 1lb fresh pasta such as fettuccini, spaghetti or linguine
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 ears of corn, shaved OR 2 cups frozen corn (whatever you can get.)
- 1/2C parsley, loosely packed and rough chopped
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) +1 tbsp if needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1C fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Large egg YOLKS (save the whites for breakfast.)
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, salt the water.
- In a large skillet just over medium heat, add your bacon. Cook your bacon to your desired doneness. I love crispy bacon, so I cook the heck out of it. Once cooked, remove it from the pan with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate (To drain excess fat.) DROP your pasta – cook according to package directions.
- Drain as much bacon fat from the pan as you can. Add 1 tbsp EVOO, and let it get nice and warm. Add your onions to the pan, cook until they start to go translucent. Add in your corn kernels and your garlic, give it a nice good stir, cook for a couple minutes until the corn is cooked or warmed through.
- In a cup or measuring cup add your egg yolks, slightly whisk them. Add in 2 cups of starchy cooking water from the pasta pot and whisk in your 1 tbsp of corn starch. Add this to your skillet full of corn and onions. Add your bacon back in, season with salt and pepper (ALWAYS taste before you season, and season accordingly.) At this point I turn the heat just between low and medium.
- Drain your pasta and add it to the skillet – TOSS everything together. your sauce should be thickened up a bit add more liquid if you prefer. OR just drizzle the pasta with a bit of good EVOO!
- Garnish with parsley and make it RAIIIIINN with cheese. And then have more at the table for serving because you can never have too much cheese. Right?