This is one of my favorite meals (besides my moms pulled pork sandwiches, of course!)
Prosciutto wrapped chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices prosciutto
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- fresh thyme sprigs, chopped
- 8 slices of vine ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 c grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 4 thick slices of smoked mozzarella cheese
- few torn leaves of basil, torn into small pieces
Pre heat your oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan over med-high heat. Add the butter and the crushed garlic clove, and melt into the oil. Add the chicken, and lightly brown 2-3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
Sprinkle the chicken with the chopped thyme, and top each piece with a slice of smoked mozza, and then wrap with the prosciutto. Arrange on a baking sheet, and place the chicken BACK in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until finished.
While the chicken is cooking, heat oil in a skillet over med-med high heat. Add your slices of tomato, season with salt and pepper. Let the tomatoes get golden, flip, and then do the same to the other side. When they are finished, sprinkle them with the grated parmigiano reggiano cheese and the chopped basil. Serve.